BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Allergies Stink


So I have never really had any allergies in my life. I have dealt occasionally with a rather runny nose when the pollen count was very high, but never have I had something that I would attribute to an allergy. That all changed here a couple weeks ago when I had to forgo what was to be an exceptional climbing outing because my face looked like this. Not at all what I would consider a cool experience and very low on my "Boy I wanna do that again" list. Yes I look like Hitch from the movie when he found he had a food allergy, but the benefit he had (Eva Mendez to look after him) was what some might consider a positive externality. I on the other hand got to take Benadryl and rest up, while making jokes about "you should see the other guy". In the end I still don't know what caused it but I can hope Eva Mendez shows up on my doorstep to care for me. :)

5 comments:

Matt Asay said...

Had we known that you have allergies we might not have been able to hire you. The secrets you keep! :-)

Michelle Bready said...

Well I'm no Eva Mendes...but...wasn't I there to help that day?

Tobias said...

I had a break out on my neck about 1 week ago. It was huge, I also had to take pills. I had Shell taking care of me, whom I think is finer that Eva.

KateMarie said...

uh....wow. I still don't believe that is you in that photo. you look like some guy I saw on America's Most Wanted to be honest. That is kinda scary!!!

Dalen&Mary said...

OMG! JR, that is the craziest thing I've ever seen! I hope your okay now!