BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

#9 Spy Novels Rule!!

I am a BIG fan of spy novels. I often tell my wife that a book is better than a movie for me because the stories are better and I can see it all in my head. "The Apostle" is the newest book by one of my favorite Authors, Brad Thor. Thor along with Vince Flynn and Clive Cussler form the triumvirate of must reed authors for me. There are a few others that I enjoy but these 3 are must reads. The one caveat is that Cussler novels must be all Cussler. Meaning I only really like the Dirk Pitt novels. The ones he puts his name on but someone else writes are not nearly as good. I own every book from these three authors and continue to enjoy rereading them again and again. Now Dirk Pitt is not an assassin like Mitch Rapp (Flynn) and Scot Harvath (Thor) but he is still a superhero in plain clothes. I think the world would be a much safer place with men like Harvath, Rapp, and Pitt around. Maybe the Progressive movement wouldn't be so alive and well. Maybe term limits would be a reality (see Flynn:Term Limits). Whatever the case I am looking forward to getting cozy with a good book and letting the movie in my mind play out.

0 comments: