BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

#38 They are out to get us

As many of you may know I work as a mortgage broker. I enjoy my work and get to help good people get home loans. This is one more case where I wish the government would get its big uninvited nose out of out business. In an effort to save people money (and in turn take it away from someone else... ME!) the department of housing and urban development has released new rules stating that Mortgage brokers can no longer make a Yield Spread Premium on mortgage loans. This essentially will KILL all mortgage brokers. Luckily here in our office we are making inroads to become a correspondent lender, thus alleviating us of this problem. however it is a sad state of affairs when the government is out to eradicate legitimate business. I will be calling my congressman and any other group contemplating legal action.

0 comments: