BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

T-3 Days... and other musings

So my last day is fast approaching here at AT&T. I am excited to get started on the new job. I have purchased my plane ticket to Austin, TX so that I can attend some meetings. I ordered a Vonage phone line so that I will have an office phone. It even has a cool phone number ending in 0999. Once I am up and running I will get an eFax line that will make my virtual office complete. Last night I even cleaned my office so that it is ready to begin work. I am told that a laptop is forthcoming with which to do my work, so with that and my desktop I will be set. I am interested to see what sort of laptop I am set up with. Alfresco is an open source software company so this screems "Anti-Windows" And my new boss's boss is a self proclaimed apple fan-boy so I might just be looking at a macbook, which I would be ok with cuz they are pretty cool machines. I have to choose what phone I would like. The company kicks in something like $200 towards its purchase. I think I will go with a Curve like I have now for the time being. However I am hopeful that the Blackberry Bold will come out soon so that I can move into that.
Last night I had dinner with a friend of mine. We went to Noodles and Co. and sat on the patio to enjoy the really great evening temperatures. We sat there for almost 3 hours shooting the breeze and talking about some of the finer points of life. I realized at one point that with my new employment I could make this sort of relaxing evening a ritual. No longer will I work until 9 pm. no longer will I work weekends or Holidays. everytime I think about this I get a grin spreading across my face. :) Time to enjoy life. When ski season rolls around I am not going to miss as many powder days. And the new job is going to allow me to pay off my debts at a rate that will let me reach my goal of being completely debt free by age 32. And I started dating a great girl. to put it simply... I am pleased with where life is headed.

0 comments: