BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 9, 2009

#16 I Fought the Lawn

So the other day the City of Riverton sent us a mean little piece of mail. The hate mail came in the form of a letter requesting that we knock down the weeds on our property. Now normally I would consider myself pretty good at keeping the lawn cut... But there in lies the inherent problem. We don't have a yard. What we have is a lot a dirt, which at this point is chucked full of weeds. We have all intentions of making our land into a near paradise but all that comes with a price tag. and this year the price tag was just a bit too much to swallow. So we have some really nice Natural landscaping. But because I have no desire to pay the City any more money than they already take from me I spent last night behind a Brush cutting mower knocking down the forest that our yard had become. After about an hour and a half I was finished and you could actually see the patio in the back yard. This weekend the excavation of my basement walk out begins, as well as preparations to pour our RV pad along the side of the house. Lots of work to do. I think this round of Lawn wars went to me... but who is counting? This war will rage on for years.

0 comments: