BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

#23 Economic turn around

Recently I had a good belly laugh followed by smacking my head against a cement wall. What could cause such a reaction you say?? President Obama's chief economic adviser said that the economy was on its way back up. Now this normally would be great news. But lets just say that I like to take every thing that comes from the "Obamanation" with a grain of salt. Obama's chief economic adviser is Larry Summers. what are his credentials you ask?? Well according to Wikipedia;

"Lawrence Henry Summers (born November 30, 1954) is an American economist and the Director of the White House's National Economic Council for President Barack Obama.[1] Summers is the Charles W. Eliot University Professor at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government. He is the 1993 recipient of the John Bates Clark Medal for his work in several fields of economics and was Secretary of the Treasury for the last year and a half of the Clinton Administration. Summers also served as the 27th President of Harvard University from 2001 to 2006."

So you see a Harvard professor and former University President. Former Secretary of the Treasury, this guy should be well suited to explain to us why the economy has finally hit bottom and bounced back. His deft explanation?

" The number of people searching for the term "Economic depression" on Google is down to normal levels."

Let me get this straight you are telling me that our President is trusting the likes of Larry Summers to drive our economy?? To put it simply: AMERICA IS SCREWED!!!
Now you can see why I have a headache from beating my head against the wall. I have a degree in Economics. And BYU is no slouch of a school either. Granted it is not Harvard, and I do not hold any advanced degrees, but I think that my daughter Shelbie could have come up with a better economic analysis than this. So please click this link, and this link, and this link so that Mr Summers can get a better grasp on reality by pulling his head out of the most southern orifice on his body. Or perhaps you would like to Google search "America thinks Larry Summers is an IDIOT" Either way if you are going to beat your head against a wall maybe choose one that is slightly less hard than the cement one I found.

0 comments: