BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Socks and Academic Mediocrity

So this morning as I put on my socks to go to work I realized that the were 10 years old. 10 YEARS!!!! My mom bought them for me as I was preparing to leave for a mission. They are still very comfortable and proof positive that you get what you pay for. As I recall they were some rediculous proce like $10/pair, yet obviosuly worth every penny. I had 10 pairs of the same socks for my entire mission. Thorlo Business socks. check em out.

I have said that when I am rich I will put on a brand new pair of socks every day. there is nothing quite like a new pair of socks. so soft and comfy. Every day should be a new pair of socks day. What will I do with them after I wear them?? donate them to charity of course!

I just got some very good news as I stress out over the coming end of the semester. I have it direct from my academic advisor that I need to only pass my Financial Econ class (something D- or better) and that a C- or better in my Price theory class and my econometrics class will ensure my graduation in 34 days. C's get degrees and in this case one D too. :)

Now generally I dont support mediocrity. Excellence in all I do is what I strive for, but come on folks. I was a freshman a decade ago. I recieved my mission call 10 years ago last week. I have been at the Lords University for far too long and its simply time for me to pay my dues to the Cougar Club and my Alumni association and move on with life. Now I just have to be minutely above the margin and I am home free!

1 comments:

Dalen&Mary said...

Graduation is what counts thats what I say :)